Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 09.11.2019, 01:24   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,459 / 846 (79) +++++++
stoneridgesoftware: SysGlobalConfiguration and Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations Hotfixes
Источник: https://stoneridgesoftware.com/sysgl...ions-hotfixes/
==============

I recently had a situation with a client that was identified as a bug within the Dynamics 365 Finance system. We submitted the issue to Microsoft support, they confirmed it was a bug, came up with a fix, and let me and my client know when it would be available. We were able to verify the KB reference in the What’s New documentation, and we eagerly waited for the version to be released.

The new version was released, my client applied it to their UAT environment and retested for the issue. Unfortunately, they saw the exact same behavior as before. The client was disappointed, to say the least, and I was running through the many communications we had about the issue trying to figure out why the problem was still occurring.

This was when I recalled that with the change in architecture to Dynamics 365, there was also a change to how some hotfixes were being released by Microsoft. Since every fix will be applied to every customer that applies the new version, Microsoft needed a way to roll out a fix but reduce the impact to those customers that might not encounter the issue. So while the fix was included in the version my client had applied, it still needed to be enabled in the client’s environment. We found that a specific parameter in the SysGlobalConfiguration table needed to be enabled.

This wasn’t included in the KB article, so we needed to specifically ask what needed to be done to enable the fix. Once you have the details, it is easy to enable it for a non-production environments. You’ll just need to run a statement similar to the following in SQL Server.

update SYSGLOBALCONFIGURATION set value = 1 where name = '’For a production environment, you’ll need to submit a service request to have a SQL statement ran in SQL Server.

Keep these steps in mind when you need to apply business-critical hotfixes to Dynamics 365 Finance.

Источник: https://stoneridgesoftware.com/sysgl...ions-hotfixes/