crminthefield: Podcast and Overview: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 10
We're proud to announce that Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 10 released Thursday, August 16th, 2012!
Here's the "Master" Microsoft Dynamics Knowledge Base article (KB 2710577)
On Friday, August 17th, Greg Nichols and Ryan Anderson from the Microsoft Premier Field Engineering team will provide information about:
during their Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 10 Podcast at 9 AM Pacific Daylight Time. The dial-in number for guests is (347) 215-9263
Big Update Rollup 10 news!
- Many specifics regarding the recent release of Update Rollup 10 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- A major performance enhancement formerly to be released via the Q2 2012 Service Update that is released via CRM 2011 Update Rollup 10
For Microsoft Dynamics CRM business solutions that include an entity with a large dataset, record retrieval and grid rendering performance can be negatively impacted for users that do not have global access to all records associated with that entity. Code changes to mitigate this behavior first appeared in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, and have been fine-tuned since then.
With Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 10 and later, big advancements have been made to optimize the performance of queries against large datasets by adjusting specific “statistical” settings to address the issue. Should this fail to achieve desired levels of performance, adjust the value associated with EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization (ERMO) setting. You may have heard these changes described at this year's Convergence.
A first step in efforts to optimize the performance of queries against large data sets is to make adjustments to the “statistical” settings that affect the behavior of RetrieveMultiple queries. Although you can configure these settings by modifying the Windows Registry (under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM) on the each of the Web servers that is used in a deployment, we recommend that these settings be configured by using the OrgDbOrgSettings, which will ensure that the configuration applies to a specific organization. For additional information about configuring these settings by using the OrgDbOrgSettings, and to download the tool that makes the OrgDbOrgSettings changes you desire, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article titled "OrgDBOrgSettings Tool for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011" (KB 2691237)
If making adjustments to these settings does not yield satisfactory levels of performance, then consider adjusting the value of the EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization (ERMO) setting. The ERMO setting is commonly used to limit the duration of certain long running queries; specifically, to overcome issues related to local or deep business unit access within Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 security roles.
Many more details describing appropriate scenarios for the available settings are already available via the Microsoft Download Center in a revised version of the whitepaper "Optimizing and Maintaining the Performance of a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Server Infrastructure", in the sections “Optimizing the Performance of Queries against Large Datasets” and “Optimizing the Performance of Quick Find Queries”. The details will appear in the MSDN version of this whitepaper as quickly as possible.
Where is Update Rollup 9?
Update Rollup 9 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 will not be released publically because of a delay in the Q2 Service Update, which was to be included in Update Rollup 9. For more details, see the blog "Q2 2012 Service Update – New delivery schedule"
Note regarding Podcasts: You can make our CRM Premier Field Engineering podcasts available on Zune by using the RSS feed below. In the Zune software, go to Collection -> Podcasts and click on the Add a Podcast button on the lower left, then enter the url for the RSS feed: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/pfedynamics.rss. After that, you can adjust the series settings like any other podcast, so you can sync with your smartphone or Zune.
Feature Additions in Update Rollup 10, also available in Update Rollup 7 and 8!
Update Rollup 7 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 introduced a new feature known as Read Optimized Forms. Read Optimized Forms allow a user to quickly open a read-only copy of a record form. Read Optimized Forms improve performance for users who have high network latency and users who spend most of their time consuming information instead of editing. Form loads are faster because of the removal of the ribbon, navigation pane, web resources, and form scripting. However, you can still open the standard editable form if changes have to be made. The ability to default to using the Read Optimized Forms can be set at the Organization level, but is also controlled per user to meet individual needs. For more information about Read Optimized Forms, see "Customize Entity Forms in Microsoft Dynamics CRM"
Update Rollup 10 Build number:
- More Windows 8 / Internet Explorer 10 compatibility
- Many performance and stability-related fixes, including fixes to the CRM Client for Microsoft Outlook
- Contains all fixes originally scheduled for release via Update Rollup 9
- Quick Find performance optimizations and EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization SQL query performance optimizations:
Update Rollup 10 can be uninstalled, unlike Update Rollups 4-6 which could not be uninstalled. However, you should always back up your databases and application servers before you install an Update Rollup.
Update Rollup 6 established a new servicing baseline. This will enable uninstalls of some future CRM 2011 Update Rollups, but this also means that Update Rollup 6 is prerequisite for installation of all future Microsoft CRM 2011 Update Rollups starting with Update Rollup 7.
A database created with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 6 or a higher version cannot be imported to a deployment of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 5 or an earlier version. This scenario is not supported. Best practice is to import databases or customizations between environments that are at the same Update Rollup level.
Note: As Update Rollup 10 is cumulative, containing all changes released in earlier Update Rollup releases, it also contains the Dynamics CRM Q4 Service Update features released via Update Rollup 5. Some of these features include:
For more information about the Dynamics CRM Q4 2011 Service Update features, consult:
For more information about the Dynamics CRM Q4 2012 Service Update features, consult:
Packages are available for download via:
- Outlook Client Updates:
- Enhancements to the Reading Pane
- Asynchronous promotion for tracked emails
- Dialog Enhancements
- Data Visualization Enhancements:
- Chart Designer Enhancements
- New Chart Types
- Data Management Enhancements to:
- Duplicate Detection
- Activity Feeds
- Listening in on important activities in Social Media that take place around the people, accounts, contacts, leads or opportunities that you care about, including a Windows 7.5 phone application: "Business Hub"
- Update Rollup 5 does not install Activity Feeds:
for these CRM components:
NOTE: As of Jan. 20th, 2012 these installation files have been updated to include CRM 2011 Update Rollup 6 (Build 05.00.9690.1992)
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 10 Prerequisites:
- The Update Rollup 10 Microsoft Download Center page (on August 16th, 2012)
- The Microsoft Update Catalog (on Sept. 11th, 2012)
- The Microsoft Update detection / installation process (on Sept. 11th, 2012)
- Note: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Updates will be pushed via Microsoft Update as Important updates
- Client packages installed manually by downloading the packages and running install will require local administrator privileges. If the client packages are installed via Microsoft Update or SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager), they will not require local administrator privileges
- Consider using Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) or similar software distribution technologies to distribute Dynamics CRM Update Rollups internally. WSUS is a locally managed system that works with the public Microsoft Update website to give system administrators more control. By using Windows Server Update Services, administrators can manage the distribution of Microsoft hotfixes and updates released through Automatic Updates to computers in a corporate environment
- For help with installation please see the Installation Information section of the Update Rollup 10 "master" Microsoft Knowledge Base article
- Please review my teammate Shawn Dieken's superb (and recently updated) blog posting "How to install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 without an Internet Connection" which provides details on how to set up an install on a machine without access to the Internet
- Please review my former teammate Jon Strand's equally superb blog posting "CRM 2011: Silently Installing Update Rollups" which provides details on installing CRM Outlook client update rollups "silently" in order to limit end-user interruption
Note regarding Microsoft Dynamics CRM Stack Technology Compatibility:
Do you want to know if certain Service Packs or versions of a Microsoft product are supported with Dynamics CRM? Now we have all of this in one “living" Knowledge Base article: the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Compatibility List. For example, you can use this KB article to determine the latest Microsoft SQL Server major version and Service Pack that is supported. Microsoft lists new products like Internet Explorer 10 and Microsoft Windows 8 as TBD until testing is complete; generally near General Availability (GA) of that product.
- Essentially the prerequisites listed in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Implementation Guide download or online versions for the various CRM components serviced
- You must have Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 6 installed (build 5.0.9690.1992) to apply this Update Rollup
Issues resolved via Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollups:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 10 is the tenth (or ninth, considering that Update Rollup 9 was not released publicly) of a series of cumulative Update Rollups that include fixes for the issues that are or will be documented in the "Master Knowledge Base Articles" for CRM 2011 Update Rollups. As they are cumulative, Update Rollup 10 contains all fixes shipped via Update Rollups 1-10, including fixes that were never publicly released via Update Rollup 9.
Hotfixes and updates that were released as individual fixes before Update Rollup 10 release:
The following issues were fixed and delivered to requesting customers prior to Update Rollup 10 release as Critical On Demand (COD) fixes:
Other fixes released via CRM 2011 Update Rollup 10:
- When you create mail merge templates on related entities, such as the Account, Lead, Contact, Opportunity and Case entities, current user fields that are selected additionally are not displayed
- Assume that you register a Microsoft Dynamics CRM plug-in that works on the predefined state of an entity that can be deactivated. The plug-in may cancel the reactivation of certain records in certain situation. The plug-in cancels the record reactivation by displaying an exception error from the Execute method. However, after the exception error information is displayed, the end-user form and ribbon remain open and editable. In this situation, changes can be made and saved unexpectedly
- Assume that you try to import a solution that converts unmanaged components to managed. If the managed solution contains entity maps, the solution import fails. Additionally, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
- Found 1 dependency records where unmanaged component is the parent of a managed component. First record (dependentcomponentobjectid = 36fc8cb9-3b5e-e111-a9ca-00155d42da0e, type = AttributeMap, requiredcomponentobjectid = 908685b1-3b5e-e111-a9ca-00155d42da0e, type= EntityMap, solution = e70812bd-e237-4e3a-9517-546b77024319)
- Assume that an email template is owned by a team. When a user who is assigned to the team browses to the Email Template lookup window, the email template is not visible
- When you enable connections for certain entities, the relationships that enable the connections are not created. Therefore, the connections do not work for the entities. For the business unit entity, the connection does not work after you install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 4. For entities where connections are not enabled out of the box, and for entities that have relationships to the connections, the connections do not work
- Assume that an Internet-facing deployment (IFD) is configured for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. You sign out from a Dynamics CRM session. In this situation, when you try to click the most-recently used button from another Dynamics CRM session, a windows authentication dialog box is opened unexpectedly
- Assume that you register a plug-in that may display an exception error. When you try to track an email message in Microsoft Office Outlook, Outlook crashes
- Assume that a meeting request is tracked in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. After you accept the meeting request, and then you perform a synchronization, the meeting request is untracked unexpectedly
- When you receive a meeting request that is tracked in Microsoft Dynamics CRM by the organizer, the BusyStatus state is changed from Tentative to Busy even though the appointment is not accepted by the attendee
- When you enable connections for an entity, you experience the following problems:
- The IsConnectionsEnabled bit is set to true
- Two relationships are created between the connection and the entity. The relationships point to the Record1Id and Record2Id fields of the Connection entity
- You cannot disable the Track in CRM buttons and the Track in CRM shortcut menu entry unexpectedly. However, the Track in CRM buttons and shortcut menu entry should have a configurable option
- When you try to import an updated managed solution, you receive the following error message:
- 'new_caseviolationcode' entity doesn't contain attribute with Name = 'transactioncurrencyid'
- This problem occurs when the managed solution will add the first currency attribute to a managed entity that is already owned by the solution publisher
- When you specify a custom enable rule for a ribbon control that uses a Jscript type web resource, the Jscript library is not cached
- When an email message in the rich text format is received in Microsoft Dynamics CRM through E-mail Router, the body of the email message is not processed correctly to show embedded images that are attached. When you see the body of the email message, the alternative text for an HTML image tag is displayed where the pictures should be
- When you click a link on a Microsoft Dynamics CRM webpage for an organization, an incorrect webpage is displayed.
This problem occurs when the link is for a website where the root path has the same name as the organization or the URL is for some other organization in the same CRM deployment
- You receive an error message that states that Microsoft Dynamics CRM has encountered an error and has to close
- When you add multiple recipients to an activity record, you receive a warning message that states that the system may stop responding because of a long-running script
- A memory leak occurs during the Lookup Auto-resolve process
- A memory leak occurs in the lookup dialog boxes
- A memory leak occurs when you open some forms
Hotfixes and updates that you have to enable or configure manually
Occasionally, updates released via Update Rollups require manual configuration to enable them. Microsoft Dynamics CRM Update Rollups are always cumulative; for example, Update Rollup 10 contains all fixes previously released via Update Rollups 1-9 as well as fixes newly released via Update Rollup 10. So if you install Update Rollup 10 on a machine upon which you previously installed no Update Rollups, you will need to manually enable any desired fixes for Update Rollups 1-10:
- Assume that you are assigned to a team. When you try to assign a contact that is owned by you to a marketing list that is owned by the team, you receive the following error message:
- Record is unavailable - The request record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it
- You receive the following error message in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011:
- A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The semaphore timeout period has expired.)
- The ID value is not encoded correctly when you set the "Show only if URL contains" filter to equal to "RibbonLayout" in Fiddler (an http trace diagnostic tool)
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook fails with a generic error message during configuration when the MAPI service is not registered
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook makes too many calls to the FetchXmlToQueryExpression method. Therefore, you may experience slow performance
- When you close Microsoft Office Outlook during CRM synchronizations, Outlook crashes because of aborted threads
- When you remove pinned views in Outlook, you cannot pin the views again during the same session
- The NotifyItemChanged handling is requested to be updated to use the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Async handling as the default processing path
- When you build the MAPI Contents table index, you experience slow performance
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook crashes because of heap corruption
- When you delete a pinned user view that is the only pinned view for an entity, the Microsoft Dynamics CRM folder for the entity does not open
- Goals in Microsoft Dynamics CRM do not display all participating records
- You cannot detect and reconnect closed SQL connections when the underlying connections are closed because of a fatal connection error
- When you try to import a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 organization to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, you receive the following error message:
- 'PluginType' entity doesn't contain attribute with Name= 'customworkflowactivityinfo'
- When you add a marketing list to a campaign and then try to remove the marketing list from the campaign, you receive the following error message:
- Invalid object name 'campaignitembase'
- Consider the following scenario:
- You create two orders
- One order is related to an opportunity, and the other order is not related to an opportunity
- You create a new sales goal
- In this scenario, the sales goal does not contain the record that has no opportunity related.
- Assume that you create a workflow in an organization that has a language pack enabled. When you run the "select * from FilteredWorkflow" query, you receive the following error message:
- Conversion failed when converting the nvarchar value 'emailaddress1' to data type int
- Members can be removed from a shared marketing list unexpectedly by a user who has only read or append rights in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- When you perform a quick find, you experience slow performance. This problem occurs because the query is executed twice
- One time is to return the data, and one time is to determine the number of records that are returned by the query
- When you create an email message by using an email template, text between pointed brackets in the email template is truncated
- After you configure a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 client for Outlook to an organization that was upgraded from Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, all custom entities from Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 are available in the Offline Synchronization filters.
- However, after you complete a reset on the offline data filters, the custom entities from Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 are unavailable.
- New custom entities that are created in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 are available after the reset
- Reports that use the FilterActivityPointer view return incorrect status code values in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- You cannot edit mail merge templates when the alias name contains more than 128 characters. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
- Alias length cannot be greater than 128
- Assume that you try to use a custom workflow assembly that has an output of the DateTime type.
- You add the following wait condition in the workflow assembly:
- Process || Timeout || Equals || DateTime output of custom workflow assembly
- In this situation, when you reopen the workflow designer, the wait condition is changed to the following unexpectedly:
- Process || Timeout || Equals || Process-ExecutionTime
- Additionally, when you run the workflow, the workflow rule fails because it cannot compile the workflow for execution at run time
- When user settings are set to the Japanese language, the label that is named with "Q1" is not displayed in a chart in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- When you delete a record that contains attachments, a SQL deadlock occurs on the ActivityMimeAttachment table.
- This problem occurs when multiple threads retrieve records at the same time
- You cannot install additional roles from the Microsoft Dynamics CRM DVD after you install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 6
- A Microsoft Dynamics CRM error page is displayed when a case is saved
- This problem occurs when a lookup of the case is not resolved on the first attempt
- When you convert an activity to an opportunity, the field for the source campaign is not populated
- When a customer updates a Microsoft Dynamics CRM user record, the Cal type is set to Full unexpectedly
- A script error occurs when you generate a custom workflow activity URL that does not have an extraqs parameter
- When you create a new saved view on the User entity under Advanced Find, the view is displayed in the service calendar
- However, after you leave the service calendar and then return to the calendar, you receives an exception error message
- Additionally, you have to restart the browser to continue using the CRM service
- When you click a Microsoft Dynamics CRM record that was minimized in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for Outlook, the record is not opened as expected
- Scroll bars are not displayed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 with Internet Explorer 10
- Dollar symbols are missing in the Currency field and the field is not left-aligned in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 with Internet Explorer 10
- Assume that you configure ADFS to set the values for the token lifetime to be longer than 10 hours in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. If the system is load balanced, the token lifetime setting is not respected. Instead, the token will expire after 10 hours and users will have to log back in again
- When you send an email message that contains a script in the Workflow form, the script is executed unexpectedly
- You cannot expand the Form Assistant drop-down list in the Schedule Service Activity dialog box in Microsoft Dynamics CRM with Internet Explorer 10
- The horizontal scrollbar is unnecessarily displayed sometimes in Microsoft Dynamics CRM with Internet Explorer 10
- Radio buttons are not displayed correctly in Microsoft Dynamics CRM with Internet Explorer 10
- Assume that you import a solution that contains ribbon customizations:
- When you start the CRM web client or the Outlook client for the first time, the ribbon does not display the MSCRM tab as the initial tab
- The custom tab that is part of the solution that you imported is displayed instead
- When you try to view field permissions for an incident entity in Microsoft Dynamics CRM with the Turkish language enabled, an exception error occurs
- Consider the following scenario:
- You create a custom field that uses the Multiple Lines of Text type and has a maximum length of 200 on an account.
- You set the field on the account main form in the General section, and the field spans two columns and 3 rows
- You publish the customizations
- You create a new account, specify mandatory fields, and then enter a long string that is over the length of 200 in the custom field
- You click Save
- In this scenario, you receive an error message that states that the string length is too long. However, the value in the field is not truncated. Additionally, you cannot save the account
- Assume the search box is not displayed in a lookup screen. When you select the Show Only My Records check box, you receive the following error message:
- The list has not finished opening. Try your request again
- An XPATH error occurs when you browse to the following URL:
- Assume that you set user options to Read-only forms. You create a discount in an entity. In this situation, when you open the entity again, and then compare the Edit form to the Read-only form, the discount is opened in the Read-only mode unexpectedly
- Assume that you change the date format settings for the organization through system settings. After you adjust the setting for the first week of a year, date data that is retrieved through the fetch functionality and is grouped by week may display an incorrect week number
- Assume that you create an advanced find query that has at least three link entity joins that are nested. If return columns are from the first link entity join and the return columns are used for entity references, the view cannot be rendered in the CRM grid
- The Notifications table is not cleared. Therefore, an increase occurs in the size of the Notifications table in the MSCRM_CONFIG database
- Consider the following scenario:
- You import the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Custom Code Validation Tool solution in an organization and the import fails
- You import the solution again and the import fails
- In this situation, you cannot access the organization
- Assume that you run a query that contains the "Owner = Equals Current User's Team" condition. If you export the result to an Excel worksheet as a dynamic worksheet, you cannot open the Excel worksheet
- The Account Summary report fails in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 with the Turkish language enabled
- The report print dialog box does not support multilanguage
- E-mail Router cannot do the configuration and process email messages for over 5,000 users
- If the "ActualDurationMinutes" field in a task is set as "1/2/3 day" in Microsoft Dynamics CRM with the Traditional Chinese language enabled, an exception error occurs
- E-mail Router cannot process email messages out of the forward mailbox if the email address exists over 25 times in the emailsearchbase table
- The default value for the AsyncSelectMaxItems setting is requested to be set to 15
- The ViewId value of the NavBarByRelationshipItem setting is not respected for custom relationships
- Views that are added to a lookup dialog box by using the addCustomView function from the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Software Development Kit (SDK) do not use default sorting. However, the default sorting that was defined as part of the FetchXml schema that was passed to the function should be used
- The MSCRMAsyncService service is not started
- The AddCustomView method from SDK does not work on a multi-entity lookup as expected
- The following error message is translated incorrectly in Microsoft Dynamics CRM with the Japanese language enabled:
- This record cannot be added because it already has a parent record
- When you distribute a campaign activity that uses the e-mail via mail merge type in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, the regarding is set to individual accounts, or contacts, or leads, that depends on the corresponding marketing list type that is used
- Quick and full campaign email activities are always sent from campaign creators unexpectedly
- Consider the following scenarios:
- You create a recurring appointment that contains the following settings from the CRM web client:
- The Duration is set to 1 Day
- The recurring pattern is set to daily and the duration is set for every day
- The end range in the range of recurrence section is set to No end date, or it is set to end after more than 17 occurrences
- You track an all-day event with a recurring appointment that contains the following settings from the CRM Outlook client:
- The recurring pattern is set to daily and the duration is set for every day
- The end range in the range of recurrence section is set to No end date, or it is set to end after more than 17 occurrences
- In both scenarios, the first 15 appointments are generated successfully. However, the CRM Asynchronous service cannot create the rest of the recurrence pattern
- After you enable the UserRootPath option, you cannot add new users by using the user principal name (UPN) format
- Filters for entity columns that are also added as columns in a view does not work correctly in Outlook.
- When you open modal forms, such as a lookup or the Set Regarding form, in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook, memory leaks occur in the Outlook process
- After you untrack an email message that was created recently, the email message is tracked again automatically
- When you view a record that contain a floating-point number field that is displayed in the preview pane, and then you select a record that has no value in the field, the field is not updated as expected. The field still displays the value of the last record that has a value set in the field
- You cannot hide buttons in the Outlook CRM ribbon
- You cannot print all pages from an advanced find query in Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook
- After you apply Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 6, you cannot create new organizations. Additionally, you cannot import organizations
- When you have multiple exchange accounts in one Outlook profile, you cannot track email messages by using the CRM add-in for Outlook
- When you open many forms in Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook, memory leaks occur. Additionally, the client may crash
- When you try to click Recalculate Opportunity, a script error occurs
- Email messages remain in the Drafts folder if Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook is installed
- Long-running queries event entries do not log the ServerName values in the event log
- Recurring appointments are corrupted after you change the reminder time in Outlook
- When you delete a datetime value from an appointment in Outlook, you receive the following error message:
- An unknown error occurred while synchronizing data to Outlook
- When you try to send a mail merge that uses an English mail merge template in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 with the German language enabled, you receive the following error message:
- An error has occurred during Microsoft Dynamics CRM Mail Merge
- When a Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook add-in and another add-in add and delete user-defined properties in an Outlook item, Microsoft Dynamics CRM does not update the user-defined properties in the Outlook item correctly. Additionally, Outlook may crash in this situation
- A surface link to the Outlook troubleshooting wizard is requested to be added in Outlook Configuration Wizard
- Email messages that contain attachments that have quotation marks included cannot be tracked in Outlook
- When you pin a specific activity type view, such as an email message or a task, and then you try to show the charts pane, you receive the following error message:
- An error occurred while the chart was rendering
- When you view a Microsoft Dynamics CRM task in Outlook Web Access (OWA), the due date of the task is missing
- When you browse away from a view, filters that was applied in the view are not saved correctly
- System time on a computer is checked during the installation or the configuration. However, when the computer system time is out of sync with the domain, or the computer is not in a domain that is in sync with the world clock, you do not receive an error message that states the computer system time issue
- A Microsoft Dynamics CRM Outlook Client configuration error occurs when a sitemap contains a view reference that uses the "etn=" parameter
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook crashes when the Windows DPI is set to 125%
- Consider the following scenario:
- You open the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook
- You set the preview pane to the right side
- You browse to a CRM folder that has a MAPI grid
- You zoom out the window, or zoom in the preview pane until some columns in the grid are hidden
- In this scenario, the scroll bar is missing. Therefore, you cannot find the columns that are hidden
- When you right-click an item, and then add a follow-up activity on the item, the item selection is lost unexpectedly
- When you delete an item, the item is not removed from the grid
- When you add a filter to a user view, and then you click Save Filter, the filter is not saved as expected
- When you run a search, and then you pin a view, the pinned view is not displayed
- When you try to pin a fax view, the fax view is not pinned. Additionally, the fax view is reverted to a server view
- When you close a pinned view, and then you open the view again during one Outlook session, the view is reverted to a server view
- When you rest the mouse on a drop-down list item, the color change is not obvious in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client for Outlook with Internet Explorer 10
- The progress bar is displayed incorrectly when you import a solution in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client for Outlook with Internet Explorer 10
- No tooltip is displayed when you rest the mouse on any button on the solution toolbar in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client for Outlook with Internet Explorer 10
- When you create a new opportunity, and then you run a search for contacts, you experience slow performance
- A performance counter is requested to track how many times database operations are retried because of network issues
- When you run a long-running queries report that contains the "SELECT TOP 2" queries on email messages, you experience slow performance
- After you install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 6, an application event error occurs
- The AllowRoleAssignInAdminMode option is requested to be enabled for users in the administrative mode
- Custom messages that are defined for an activity entity cannot be exported and imported to a different organization successfully
- When you import a solution, the system attribute lookup values are deleted. Additionally, multi-organization shared metadata caches are corrupted
- When you create a new account, run a lookup on the Currency field on the Billing Information tab, and then you click New, you receive the following error message:
- Object doesn't support property or method 'SetLabel' on Currency new page display on Currency page
- The InvalidPluginExecutionException class from a plug-in that is registered on the Recurring Appointment entity displays the "Business Process Error" error message instead of a custom error message
- When the regional setting on a client are set to English (New Zealand) or English (Singapore), recurring appointments cannot be synchronized to Outlook
- When you view Microsoft Dynamics CRM address books in Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook, the Name column is blank.
- The SetStateDynamicEntity request does not work for the BusinessOwned entities when Dynamics CRM 2007 endpoint is used
- Platform tracing displays incorrect error messages for the SetStateDynamicEntity requests in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- In the Rollup Fields section, the Source Record Type State and Source Record Type Status values are numbers incorrectly
- The Goal form displays all data type fields in the Read-only mode unexpectedly
- Organizations are requested to be searchable with the Org URL name
- You cannot import a managed solution that contains an entity with a money attribute
Mismatched Update Rollup versions within a Microsoft Dynamics CRM deployment
In a scenario where you may be running many client workstations with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for Microsoft Office Outlook, a common question is whether it is supported to run mismatched versions. For example, where Update Rollup 5 has been installed on the CRM Server but the Outlook clients are still on Update Rollup 1, or where Update Rollup 1 is on the CRM server but due to updates available to the Outlook client you have decided to install Update Rollup 6 on the clients without installing Update Rollup 4 on the server.
The general rule of thumb is to try to keep the versions in sync as much as possible. However, it is permissible (though not recommended as a long-term solution) to run mismatched Update Rollup versions on Outlook client and server, as Microsoft does do some testing of such combinations.
However, regarding the other Update Rollups (for example Rollups for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Email Router or Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Reporting Extensions), it is not supported nor recommended to run mismatched versions. A best practice is to update these components at the same time you update your CRM Server. Do the best you can to keep these Update Rollup versions in sync.
For more information, see the blog posting "User experience while accessing CRM 2011 application servers while Update Rollups are being applied"
Internet Explorer 9 and 10 Compatibility
The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Sustained Engineering team has extensively tested Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 against pre-release versions of Internet Explorer 9 and 10 and continues to address compatibility issues, as appropriate, against the RTW (Released to Web) versions of Internet Explorer. When necessary, Microsoft plans to release enhancements via future Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollups to assure compatibility with future releases of Internet Explorer.
- Update Rollup 1: no updates requiring manual configuration
- Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains the following update that you must enable or configure manually - details on enabling or configuring can be found in this Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- 2535245 RetrieveMultiple optimization for basic depth needed for local and deep depth read privileges in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- NOTE: see above comments regarding significant rework to RetrieveMultiple optimization released in Update Rollup 10
- Update Rollup 3: no updates requiring manual configuration
- Update Rollup 4: no updates requiring manual configuration
- Update Rollup 5: no updates requiring manual configuration
- Update Rollup 6 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains the following update that you must enable or configure manually - details on enabling or configuring can be found in this Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- 2664150 Steps to clean up the PrincipalObjectAccess table in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 after Update Rollup 6 is applied
- Update Rollup 7: no updates requiring manual configuration
- Update Rollup 8: no updates requiring manual configuration
- Update Rollup 10 (includes hotfix components of Update Rollup 9): no updates requiring manual configuration to enable, but
- Note my above comments regarding ERMO (EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization) option configuration via registry keys or OrgDbOrgSettings updates
Premier Field Engineering
Расскажите о новых и интересных блогах по Microsoft Dynamics, напишите личное сообщение