Лучший по профессии 2015
Лучший по профессии 2014
Лучший по профессии 2011
Лучший по профессии 2009

4,622 / 2922 (107) +++++++++
Записей в блоге: 5
Цитата:
Сообщение от axm2017 Посмотреть сообщение
Основной вопрос почему МС не откроет свои тесты для всех.
В посте же

2. We do not ship our test automation library. The code is not written with shipping in mind, so it's not necessarily "Microsoft production quality". The value for customers is also marginal.

И еще:

Björn
September 8, 2006
Too bad no tests are included. It would be good to have them both for testing if a modification breaks existing functionality, as well as having an example how to use existing code.

Can you tell us why they aren't shipped with the final release?
dpokluda
September 8, 2006
Re Bjorn: I totally understand what you're saying and I agree that it might be a help for all the partners if they would have some of our tests. On the other hand I also understand others saying that the value of shipping the tests wouldn't be so big since with all the modifications (made by partners) most of the tests would either not compile or fail anyway. Partners would either have to invest heavily to update all the tests (and repeat that investment with every release) or to investigate every failure to find out whether it is a valid failure or not.

On top of that you have to understand that there is different bar for code quality for tests. Therefore we don't really want to publish/ship those classes with the product. I remember that there were some thoughts about shipping our test automation framework with one of our test suites but since test automation framework doesn't meet our shipping code quality bar we never did that.